Thursday, February 12, 2009

Review: Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0 Maximum Strength Refining Night Cream with 1.0% Pure Retinol

Skinceuticals is in my opinion, one of the most renowned.There are several companies which have that title but I was exceptionally impressed with how thorough their research was along with providing their findings to consumers as well! Upon my exhaustive search on finding a distributor in Canada, I came across eskincarestore.com. To speak of this website is a whole new blog! Let's just say that they're wonderful and carry many exclusive products that may or may not be difficult to find in your area. Most likely, if you live in a smaller city like I do, this is a great website because their prices are extremely competitive and have incredibly fast shipping! I settled with standard shipping and it took me 3 days! Compared to many other E skin care stores I've tried..I'm happy to say that they're one of the fastest.

On with the review of the actual product. To effectively review a product, I'de say I should have used the product for at least a month or two but to start off, I have to state that this is an extremely potent product that can yield impressive results if used faithfully over a long duration. I've been using this for 2 days, and already my skin is peeling like a snake..a side effect commonly associated with retinol. It's odd because prescription retinoids are suppose to be a lot stronger..and I'm currently on tretinoin 0.5% which never made my skin this flakey. Normally an individual who has never been exposed to a retinoid should start off with a .5 strength. But, considering my skin has experienced supposedly an aggresive medication I figured it would have absolutely no trouble adjusting to this one! I am definitely surprised in a good, and bad way. I have a birthday party to attend to this fri!! I can't go with a flakey face! that's just inappropriate. On the flipside, at least I know it works! I'm really hoping it's not the alcohol that's causing this enormous wave of flakes because we all know..that can be damaging. A good thing that I purchased a cream to have on hand on my dry days...thank you super rescue antioxidant night moisturizer dry-combo! I desperate need some relief. I will however, edit this post once I've I've effectively tested the product out. =D

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home