Tuesday, December 22, 2009

OWWIEE! My face hurts!!

I received a consultation for the Sciton's total FX profractional laser with coagulation a month ago and it was performed today. They gave me a dose of Percoset (oxycodone(narcotic) and acetominophen (tylenol) as well as a topical anesthetic to set in for about 45 mins. The main idea behind fractional laser, is that a there are pixelated penetration with a micro laser. The damaged skin being surrounded by healthy tissue will jump kick a healing response with quicker healing time. The newly generated skin tissue will be healthy and full of collagen. This procedure is meant to improve your skin texture throughout the period of couple months.

A little overview on my skin. I've suffered through a moderate degree of acne which has resulted in scarring. I have deeply pitted scars around my cheeks which is my problematic area. There are visible redness and very large pores that never seemed to go away even with the treatment of IPL (Intensed Pulsed Light) and mircodermabrasion. My acne itself has relatively subsided due to my daily topical treatment; however, the horomonal breakouts are still a monthly occurance. I have oily but dehydrated skin that needs manual exfoliation on a daily basis for a smoother makeup application; otherwise, I look like one flakey mess.

The procedure itself took about an hour, certain areas of my face were passed 3X (cheeks) whereas others were only passed once. I must say that it was my mistake to have my boyfriend pick me up from the procedure because I may have scarred him for life. My face was oozing and bleeding for a good twenty-four hours. It needed constant dabbing and icing to reduce the swelling. I also had dinner plans with my parents that night; by this time, my face was extremely warm and throbbing (still bleeding & oozing). I ended up scaring the living crap out of them as well. I did feel bad at the fact that I didn't help with making our dinner as appetizing as it should have been. Anyways, it is essential that you slather aquaphor and an antibiotic cream over the course of the week for proper healing. I have to say that it took about a week for me to be able to face the public without being self conscious. The healing process however I admit was a B!tch and a HALF because as the scabs were loosening, it was EXTREMELY itchy..and oh I mean that its worse than a mosquito bite. I wanted to scratch and scratch but I couldn't! so I rubbed and rubbed as if I was massaging. It did help.....temporarily.
I was a constant shiny mess with this this layer of petrolatum on my face and I couldn't help but think that my face must have been a dust magnet. I also had many urges to cleanse my face due to the itches, because it helped as well(with the itching). I admit, I must've washed my face at least five-six times daily. ...hehe

It is now month 2 after procedure. I am about 80% healed. My cheeks unfortunately have not healed as well as I had hoped; track marks are still visible. In terms of improvement in texture and the hormonal mark left behind since grade 8:
-slight improvement in the texture of my skin;
-improvement in my darkspot but not gone as promised.

For a 1200$ procedure I have to say that I was definitely expecting more. I admit that there is slight improvement, but not to the degree in which I had hoped. It was disappointed but I am willing to try....just...once...more.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home