Thursday, March 12, 2009

That's it! I'm sick and tired of flakey dry skin due to retinol concoctions!

It most certainly claims true. Most so called magic potions to treat acne are either drying, irritating and/or wreak havoc in our probiotic balance. I'm frankly tired of it! It's bad enough that we acne sufferers have to deal with breakouts in the first place but in addition have to deal with the effects of dry, flakey, irritated skin is just ridiculous. I admit, there are ones that are far more gentle such as antibiotic gels and or solutions but after awhile, it's quite common for the bacteria to become immune to them resulting in a comeback. It's pathetic that we have not come up with a cure for the most common illness' such as a colds and acne both which affects millions and is a debilitating disease. Sometimes, I really wonder about humankind. Is it because we're just not capable or is it because of our money driven society? As Chris Rock cleverly claims "the money ain't in the cure, that's how drug dealers make their money! on the COMEBACK!"

Well ain't that a bitch..

Quite the discouraging thought but for now, i'll concentrate my thoughts on a slightly brighter note one that is more optimistic! the thought of NO MORE SIDE EFFECTS just RESULTS! it is the infamous new technology of LED's that has been launched in Sephora across the nation. 'Tanda' light comes in 2 heads, red which stimulates cytokines (the immune response) to fight off infections and promote wound healing, and a blue head that is known to causes damage and eventually leads to destruction for the bacterium P.Acne w/o the damaging side effects of UV radiation. I'm doing a little reading regarding the science and research and as of now, it sounds quite promising for not only Acne but for it's healing properties. 

'Tanda' costing roughly $400 has issues with its battery. You cannot plug this device and use it at the same time which could be a nuisance. It must be charged before use for at least an hour, and I read many complaints as to the battery not holding its charge after couple months. I'm heavily leaning towards the 'Baby Quasar' which not only look more durable but negates the battery issues of Tanda. The difference in cost however is roughly double! The price we pay for convenience. =D I'm looking forward to this purchase real soon. 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home