Friday, March 13, 2009

Shiseido Eyelash Curler: A Review.

I've recently encountered a fascination with lashes. Quite possibly due to the fact that everyone is wearing faux lashes these days and I do admit, they look amazing! I just simply dread the process and the aftermath. First, you apply your eyeshadow, eyeliner and all that jazz for it to only result in a mess of an eye afterwards. I have used Duo lash adhesive which is suppose to dry "clear" but never seems to and I've also heard of the one that dries dark but again, maybe it's me and my lack of technique but glue is just noticeable and the re application of your eyeliner is almost always a must, not to mention it'll never draw on as smooth as your eye without glue stuck on it. Now, once those wings are applied, an hour or two later, something always jabs at my eye and guess what that is!? ding ding ding! jabbing, rubbing, jabbing, redness, jab, swollen, jab, teary and the conclusion? a pair of 40yr old eyes that look as though they haven't slept in a week and are literally inches away from pink eye. My eyes also seem to swell up with the extra weight attached to it! Oh, we shant forget the best part, ripping all your lashes out along with ur faux ones! hell, they look fuller used than new! Now your stuck with 50yr old balding eyes! What a pretty sight.
In hopes of not having to deal with those issues ever again, I'm relying on revitalash and some eyelash curler (along with mascara) to be my salvation. I'm seeing subtle results in my 2nd week of the lash potion but again...I haven't been the best at following directions to apply everynight just because I fall asleep and I forget! It does sting a little so applying them before you close your eyes for a beautifying night of sleep is a must. Anyways, enough of psychobabble..and on with the review.
Now, I can't say that I have much to compare this device with. And I've heard the mothership of the eyelash curler is from Shu Eumera. I have however, heard equally satisfying reviews for this one so I decided to give it a try and I'm loving it! Not too big, and not too small, it grabs every lash and gives it a Va Vooom! It also came with 2 other mushroom heads when in need of the rubbery replacement. Not to mention this costed me about $14 online. I will have to stop by Sephora soon to compare but I'm guessing the differences will either be minute, or none at all. Will post once investigated =)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Life of Temptation said...

i ACTUALLY really love the ShiSeido eyelash curler!

February 24, 2010 at 9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home